The 62nd Annual VNSA Book Sale will take place on February 10 & 11, 2018 in the Exhibit Hall of the Arizona State Fairgrounds located at 1826 West McDowell Road in Phoenix, Arizona.
Arizona State Fairgrounds procedure for those who wish to line-up early for entrance on Saturday, February 10, 2018 (Policy Established by Fairgrounds in 2017):
- Saturday, February 10, 2018 from 8 am till 6 pm
- Sunday, February 11, 2018 from 8 am till 4 pm
Shoppers for the VNSA Used Book Sale may line up outside the Exhibit Hall Building beginning no earlier than noon on Friday, February 9, 2018. A parking fee of $8.00 per day will be collected by the Fairgrounds. A single individual may hold one spot for themselves and a partner for a total of 2 spots in line. Empty chairs (or other items) do not save places for a group. No line jumping is permitted. VNSA Volunteers will pass out two separate sets of entry numbers for Text or for Rare & Unusual that will permit first entry to each of those shopping areas.
If you wish to avoid the wait, watch our Facebook updates on Saturday. The early morning line is traditionally clear by Noon or shortly after on Saturday. The morning line on Sunday is traditionally able to have everyone enter the building.
Please read the following policies carefully.
- For information on payment options, please see Book Sale FAQ's.
- For everyone’s safety, we require shoppers to WALK at all times while in the building.
- No weapons permitted. For safety, shoppers may be subject to search before entering the building.
- Closed water bottles only; no other food or drink permitted in the shopping areas of the building.
- Electronic scanners are permitted but books may not be scooped up and removed from tables.
- To assure that everyone has access to the books, unattended boxes and carts will be resorted and restocked.
- When entering Rare & Unusual, Sets, or Text, customers must leave all carts, wheeled containers and backpacks outside the category. There will be space available for this purpose.
- As in the past, we will have separate areas for Rare & Unusual books and for Sets. Items will be paid for at checkout tables in these areas.
- There are two options when purchasing texts:
- 1. Shoppers NOT making large purchases of textbooks are added and bagged in the Text area. They are then directed to the combined Rare & Unusual, Sets, and Text checkout to pay for their books. If upon exiting the combined checkout they want their purchased books held while they continue to shop, they would need to use the North or South Holding areas, or
- 2. Shoppers wishing to start or add textbooks to their large purchase may have their textbooks moved to the Large Purchase Area in the Wesley Bolin Building.
- All books leaving Rare & Unusual, Sets, and Text areas will be considered sold.
These policies are established for the safety and comfort of all our shoppers.If you have specific questions or need information before then please do not hesitate to write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
VNSA is proud to make used books available to the general public at very reasonable prices while raising significant amounts of money for charities in Maricopa County. Last year's sale offered in the range of 500,000 books, DVDs, CDs, video tapes, jigsaw puzzles, maps, and other book-related items. Most mass market paperbacks are $1.50. The 2017 sale attracted more than 15,000 shoppers and enabled VNSA to raise over $340,000, the net proceeds of which are donated to local charities.