Each year, you'll find almost half a million books, media and treasures at the VNSA Book Sale, all donated from the public, businesses, schools, and other groups. We take donations all year long, so if you have books and media that is no longer needed, please contact us!
We sometimes get items that are not suitable for the Book Sale. Water damaged, excessively soiled, or torn books are not kept. Whenever possible, VNSA donates books we cannot sell to other nonprofit organizations who may have a use for them.
Individual donors will receive a receipt for donations at the time of pick-up. If you have made a donation using our VNSA donation box, or if the VNSA volunteer did not provide you with a receipt at the time of donation, email us to request a receipt. Please provide the details of your donation.
Types of Items Accepted:
paperback books, hardback books,
DVDs, CDs, collectible VHS tapes (new tapes, series, or Disney VHS),
jigsaw puzzles and games,
encyclopedias printed in the last 15 years and those printed before 1950, and
some magazines (but not all, please check this list).
Items We Cannot Accept: Since donated books will be sold to others for use in homes and schools, only new or gently used items AND older rare and unusual items can be accepted. VNSA does not accept:
Readers Digest Condensed books,
serial romance books such as Harlequin,
cassette tapes (other than books on tape), or
general magazines (including National Geographic).
VNSA wants your donations! If you are not near one of our drop boxes, we will come to you. Please call or email us to make an appointment for a book pick up at your home or office.
1. Call 602-265-6805 or
2. Email us.
Provide the following details about your donation:
- Your name
- Phone number (daytime and evening numbers)
- Email address (VNSA wishes to contact you for future donations and to invite you to our sale.)
- Street address, city, and ZIP code
- Estimated number of small boxes or bags of books. (Please pack your donation in bankers boxes or similarly sized small boxes, or in sturdy bags. Your estimate helps us determine the size of vehicle and number of volunteers needed. All pick-ups are made by our volunteers. Your help in packing boxes that can be lifted by a single individual is appreciated.)
- Main cross streets
- Where exactly will you leave the books for us? Are you in a gated community? Are there stairs to negotiate?
Donations are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law and receipts are available. Request a receipt.
All VNSA drop boxes are painted beige with navy lettering on a yellow VNSA sign, and are located as close to a curb as possible. Volunteers empty boxes every week. Have you seen a problem with one of our drop boxes? If you see a VNSA drop box that is overflowing, damaged, or tagged with graffiti, please let us know!
DROP BOX LOCATIONS
- 3121 N 3rd Ave, Phoenix (west entrance of Park Central Mall) map
- 5521 N 7th St, Phoenix (NE corner near Bashas') map
- NO LONGER AVAILABLE 4724 N. Highland Ave., Fry's Food
- 2336 E Mulberry, Phoenix (SW corner) map
- 3420 E Shea Blvd, Phoenix (NE corner of SR 51 and Shea) map
- 4430 E Camelback Rd, Phoenix (NE corner near AJ's) map
- 4855 E Warner Rd, Phoenix (SE corner at Bashas') map
- 10615 W Peoria Ave, Phoenix (Sun Bowl Plaza, SE corner behind building) map
- 21001 N Tatum Blvd, Phoenix (NE of Loop 101 near Albertson's) map
- 5310 S Superstition Mountain, Apache Junction (NE corner at Bashas') map
- 2929 N Litchfield Rd, Goodyear (NE corner at YMCA) map
- 700 E Baseline Rd, Tempe (NW corner, behind Whole Foods) map
- 1530 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale (Papago Plaza, west of the bank) map
- 18411 N Cave Creek Rd, Phoenix (SE corner near Albertson's) map
If you wish to receive a donation receipt, please request a receipt.
In addition to books and media, we welcome any financial donations to support our efforts. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.